MSC has gone GREEN!
Click HERE to Take The Test!
MSC's Environmental Mission Statement:
Management Services Corporation will demonstrate by its policies and practices evidence of leadership in environmental stewardship.
For our residents and tenants ... MSC will:
- Promote reuse, reduce, and recycling practices.
- Commit to effective communication and interaction.
- Work to improve the environment in our communities.
For our employees ... MSC will:
- Provide healthy and safe workplace environments.
- Support and reward innovation and creativity.
- Emphasize continuous environmental improvements.
When building, renovating, and developing ... MSC will:
- Use appropriate energy resources and materials.
- Incorporate the natural environment in land use decisions.
- Reduce pollution and material waste.
Minimum Green Standards
- Install recycling containers in every office.
- Set up screen savers for all computers to reduce energy consumption when not in use.
- Reduce paper margins by .5" for interoffice notes, memo, etc. whenever possible.
- Add "Think Before You Print!" stickers to printers and computers.
- Insert MSC Green logo on every e-mail requesting that recipients consider the environment before printing.
- Opt out of junk mail.
- Use stairs instead of elevator whenever possible.
- Install low impact fluorescent light bulbs whenever possible and provide guidelines for proper disposal.
- Purchase recycled paper products for office use whenever possible.
- Utilize reusable materials instead of paper plates, cups, etc. Use MSC reusable tote bags.
- Utilize teleconferencing to reduce unnecessary travel, where possible.
- Establish a fixed temperature for the thermostat or install programmable thermostats wherever possible.
- Recommended temperature is 68 Degrees F - 72 Degrees F.
- Return used ink toner cartridges for recycling to local office supply store for credit or refund.
- Recycle old/unused company cell phones.
- Distribute old office furniture for employees' personal use or give to charity, e.g., Sofa Shuffle.
- Install Energy Star appliance for all replacements whenever possible.
- Unplug charger when not in use (radios, cell phones, etc.).
- Use rechargeable batteries.
Although Management Services Corporation of Charlottesville endeavors to keep all factual information displayed on this Site as accurate as possible, inaccuracies may occur due to human error or system limitations. Accordingly, Management Services Corporation of Charlottesville disclaims any warranty as to the accuracy of specific information or details displayed on this Site.